Want to join the BREAKTHROUGH team?
BREAKTHROUGH has an exciting vacancy for a BREAKTHROUGH-2 Coordinator
You will have responsibility for developing, planning and implementing BREAKTHROUGH-2, a rolling programme of experiences in the workplace and Higher Education/Further Education tailored to the needs of our young people.
Duties will include:
- Gathering statistics on local future employment prospects
- Research around employment aspirations and employability skills
- Regular liaison with key players in employment and further education sectors
- Identifying and creating links to existing resources within the local community
- Develop tailored BREAKTHROUGH-2 Work, College and University experience programmes
- Develop tailored BREAKTHROUGH-2 Art, Science and Sports programmes
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety & Risk Assessment guidelines.
- Manage delivery and evaluation of programme
The successful candidate will have relevant work experience in a similar role and be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of links from education into pathways to employability and on-going education. You will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to build positive relationships. It is essential that you are able to work on your own initiative and have a proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
BREAKTHROUGH has an incredible formula, built around an in school mentoring programme, to help inspire and support young people including those who are care experienced and this is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic new initiative to support young people in Dundee.
This is a two year fixed term contract.
For further information and to apply, please visit careers.dcthomson.co.uk
Closing date for applications is Friday 16 March 2018